For more than 50 years, the HOBY World Leadership Congress has been inspiring and empowering young people to become the next generation of global leaders.
Since 1968, the HOBY World Leadership Congress (WLC) has empowered students around the world to broaden their perspective and begin to see themselves as part of something larger—the global community we all share. As the global aspect on HOBY’s Pathway to Leadership, the WLC is a weeklong program designed to empower high school juniors and seniors to become mature, cognizant leaders and active global citizens. More than 450 students from 14 countries participate in WLC each year, including Argentina, Albania, Mexico, Turkey, China, Spain, Bolivia, Taiwan, Korea, and the United Kingdom. Students leave the WLC feeling empowered and equipped with the leadership skills they need to reach their goals and make meaningful contributions to society.
At the WLC, Ambassadors have the opportunity to:
Registration for the 17th Korean Youth Ambassadors for WLC 2019
WLC 2019 will take place July 20 to 27, 2019, on the campus of Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, Illinois.
▶How to register
- Koreans and dual-citizens living in S. Korea or other countries, or citizens from other countries living in S. Korea should register through HOBY Korea.
- HOBY Korea’s staff will review the form and will contact candidates individually for the next step.
- Deadline for registration: March 31 (1st)
- WLC Registration fee $1825: all meals, seven nights’ accommodations, program expenses including materials, entrance fees, and ground transportation during WLC including transportation to and from travel gateways to the campus.
- HOBY Korea’s processing fee 600,000 Won: pre-orientation, registrations, paperwork, travel insurance, post-WLC follow-up etc.
- Airfare for one chaperon (upto 300,000won per ambassador) can be added if total number of participants is under 15.
※ Flight should be booked individually with a certain flight schedule HOBY Korea provides so that all ambassadors use the same flights with a chaperon for departure and arrival.
※ Inquiry/Contact Info: Phone: 02-569-9600 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org